We want to hear from you. What’s your Michigan Story?
Whether it’s about your summers at the cabin up north, the urban garden you’re farming, the family hunting tradition or anything else, we’d like to hear what Michigan means to you, your family and your life.
Featured Story: Robert Evans, retired US Forest Service Biologist, tells us why we need to get back to electing public officials who understand the importance of conserving our natural resources and managing them in a sustainable fashion... >More
Not sure what to write about? Here are some questions to inspire you:
- Who are you? – name, age (if you so desire), what you do for a living
- How long have you lived in Michigan?
- What do you love most about Michigan?
- What is your favorite Michigan memory?
- Where is your favorite water (beach/river/lake) location?
- What/Where is your favorite summer/fall/winter/spring activity?
- Where is your favorite place to hike, bike, camp, hunt, etc.?
- What problem most concerns you about the current state of Michigan’s environment? (sewage overflows, algal blooms, climate change, development, water withdrawals, invasive species, etc.)
What’s in it for you? If you write it, we’ll edit it (with your approval) and then shamelessly promote it on our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts. We'll also consider all submitted stories for publication in our quarterly newsletter.
Please remember, we prefer submissions of 300-400 words and encourage accompanying photographs. We reserve the right to edit your submission for length and clarity. In submitting your material to us, you are authorizing us to publish it.
Pictures, too: If writing’s not your thing, they say a picture is worth a thousand words --- and photos of why we love Michigan's outdoors speak volumes.
Share your photos with us and other Michigan enthusiasts to our "My Michigan" Flickr Pool.
*** P.S. If you don't have a Flickr account or are having trouble signing up to submit a story, feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com. We can take care of the posting for you.